Buying a new vehicle, most of us wish to preserve its original whole-new exterior for as long as possible. Unfortunately, even if you continually keep your car in a covered parking lot, protecting it from precipitations and direct sunlight, or wash and wax it regularly, that halo of a new car will inevitably fade away.
Swirl scratches, chips, and stains, no matter how microscopic they might be, will inevitably spoil your car’s exterior with time and influence its value once you decide to put it on the market. Most solutions and tips you might find on the Internet or receive from local services are temporary and inefficient.
No wonder as soon a Ceramic Coating came to the market and claimed to be a solution for all those inevitable aging issues, it became one of the most debated matters in the car-owning community.
Here is what they promise:
- It will protect your car from environmental impact;
- It will make it easier for you to wash your vehicle and keep it clean;
- It is durable, does not require repeated applications, and saves you a lot of money on exterior maintenance;
- It will preserve the value of your car.
However, once you want to make an informed decision and do independent research, you may find almost the same amount of positive and negative reviews about Ceramic Coating.
Let’s take a closer look at the technology and try to understand why some car owners claim that ceramic Coating became the ultimate salvation for their vehicle, while others may seem to be disappointed with it.
What is Ceramic Coating?
Ceramic Coating (or Nano-Ceramic Coating) is a chemical polymer that bonds with the vehicle’s paint during it and creating a protective layer.
Many people confuse Ceramic Coating with Paint-protection Film, which remains the most advanced defensive solution. Ceramic Coating is more of a progressive alternative to waxing that has certain benefits comparing with this standard procedure:
- Depending on the product, it creates a permanent or semi-permanent bond with the vehicle’s factory paint;
- It is sustainable to extreme temperatures and direct UV light;
- It does not require repeated applications
Benefits of Ceramic Coating
Technically, ceramic Coating endures your vehicle’s factory paint, makes it more durable and helps you preserve the car’s original exterior, minimizing the maintenance effort.
Let’s go over the main benefits of Ceramic Coating that made it so popular among car owners:
- Protection from paint oxidization and chemical staining. When your car spends a lot of time under direct sunlight, the paint will inevitably start to oxidize, fading away, and its original gloss will mute. Ceramic Coating protects the paint from UV light, minimizing its impact on the car’s exterior. The same is valid for possible color spoilage with chemicals and acids;
- Easy cleaning. Ceramic Coating prevents dirt and moisture from bonding with your car’s paint. It means that all contaminations will bead up and slide the vehicle’s surface without any permanent impact on the color. Eventually, the car wash becomes fast and effortless;
- Glossy effect. Ceramic Coating enhances the pant’s ability to reflect light. Eventually, the colors look deep, clear, and vivid, and the vehicle gains a long-term overall glossy like-new image.
What is the problem with Ceramic Coating?
Despite numerous benefits, many car owners claim to be deeply disappointed with Ceramic Coating and strongly recommend against this procedure.
The reason for those negative reviews usually lies in the misconception of the procedure. In other words, people often expect from ceramic coating things that it is not even supposed to do.
Here is what you should know about ceramic Coating to avoid disappointment from the procedure:
- It does not prevent mechanic scratches and chips;
- You will still have to wash your car from time to time;
- It still requires a certain level of maintenance.
Want to learn more about Ceramic coating and another alternative protective measure for your vehicle? Contact OHS Body Shop today.
OHS Body Shop serves the Greater Flathead Valley and offers auto body repairs and more at our service centers in Kalispell, Whitefish, Columbia Falls and Polson. Visit the closest to you to get comprehensive consultation from our qualified mechanics and the best prices in the area for all kinds of service.